Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Waiting, waiting...

E-mailed Brinca Dada a second time but still no word about replacement pieces for the Bennett. This is probably a really busy time of year for them so I'll give it until the new year before contacting them again. I'm not super thrilled with this level of customer service but I am all for giving multiple chances. I did do some Googling, however, and found out that there have been others who experienced a significant time lag in receiving their replacement pieces for the Emerson.

I tried to glue one of the broken pieces with wood glue but the broken part is so heavy that it fell off. I've gone out to get a very strong glue to try again but I'm nervous because this is the main piece for Side A of the Bennett. The break goes right through several screw holes and I'm not convinced that it'll be able to support this side of the house. Also, the paint has chipped away along the break and it's super visible even when glued together.

Anyway, I have faith that I will receive my replacement pieces and will eventually have a complete and perfect Bennett! I went to Victoria a few weeks ago and visited my favorite miniatures store - Victoria Miniland. Alex, the owner, is a lovely, helpful man, and he sold me some shiny little minis that I have set up in the living room on Side B of the Bennett. Just having a few pieces of furniture in the rooms makes me so excited for the whole house! I can't wait to keep working on it. I shall post pictures when I get back to my other computer.

No comments: